This week’s panel are Stu Helm, Gazmaz, Jeff Gamet and Scott Wilsey
Thanks for your continued support of IMP, we hope you enjoy the show! We’d love to hear from you so send your email / audio clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join us live over at http://impodcast.com/live where you can chat with fellow listeners and the panel during the show, watch our Twitter stream for show days and times.
Don’t forget you can support us when you check out ScreenCasts Online, become a member for a fresh tutorial every week from the fantastic Don McAllister.
This week’s show notes, including links to the panel’s picks and all the stories we cover can be found after the break.
Security Update (Stu):
- Mozilla release Firefox 19 with critical bug fixes – via Intego’s Mac Security Blog
- Adobe does the update rounds with Flash, Shockwave Flash and Reader / Acrobat patches.
- Zendesk site compromised and personal data leaked – via Naked Security Blog
- Zendesk’s statement is refreshingly honest.
- Apple, Microsoft and Facebook all fall victim to a Mac targeted malware package unwittingly hosted on a developer forum.
- Apple comment on the attack and issue Java update to protect their users and themselves.
- How to disable Java in your browsers – via Mac OBserver
- The Mac BU were the victim of the Microsoft attack – via Naked Security Blog
- The site in question didn’t know they were hosting the malware and weren’t informed by Apple or Facebook – via ars technica
- Apple working on fix for iOS passcode bug for iOS 6.1.3 – via ars technica
- Gaz: Sir Jony Ive receives gold Blue Peter badge and talks about design on the BBC children’s magazine show – via TUAW
- Jeff: The Greenlight Saga
- Gaz: Apple customers push cider selling ‘Apple Shop’ to change its name – via Mac Observer
iOS EcoSystem News
- Jeff: Details of Apple’s requirements for Lightning accessories – via MacRumors
- Gaz: Both iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S overtake Samsung Galaxy SIII to be world’s top selling smartphones – via TUAW
- Scott: iPhone saves US soldier’s life – via The Loop
Apple Competitor Watch
- Stu: Ubuntu announce tablet version, ‘preview’ available for Nexus tablets – via Engadget
- Guide on how to install this from Zackery Fretty
- Jeff: Apparently Samsung are out-innovating Apple – via CNN
- Great response post from IHKDesigns
- Stu: Samsung go after visually impaired users in their patent war with Apple – via David Chartier
- Gaz: Samsung Galaxy SIII bug causes crash when copying – via Daring Fireball
- Scott: Google sends personal details of Google Play purchases to developers without user permission – via ZDNet