This week’s panel are Stu Helm, Tim Chaten and Nathan Liu
Thanks for your continued support of IMP, we hope you enjoy the show! We’d love to hear from you so send your email / audio clips to email@example.com. You can also join us live over at http://impodcast.com/live where you can chat with fellow listeners and the panel during the show, watch our Twitter stream for show days and times.
You can also subscribe to the IMP Live Recordings calendar to keep up to date with when we’re recording the show.
Don’t forget you can support us when you check out ScreenCasts Online, become a member for a fresh tutorial every week from the fantastic Don McAllister.
This week’s show notes, including links to the panel’s picks and all the stories we cover can be found after the break.
Security Update (Stu)
- Two Flash vulnerabilities exploited in the wild, Adobe issues patch – via Intego’s Mac Security Blog
- Apple releases Java 6u39 for Snow Leopard, but still no Safari updates – via Intego’s Mac Security Blog
- Tim: Mountain Lion bug causes almost any app to crash when you type ‘FILE’ – via Mac Observer
- Detailed anatomy of the bug – via Sophos’ Naked Security Blog
- Nathan: Apple reportedly tells French reseller that a new Mac Pro is coming in Spring 2013 – via Mac Rumors
- Tim: Apple adds new WiFi setup options in Airport Utility 6.2 – via Mac Observer
- Stu: Investor sues Apple for being stingy – via Mac Observer
- Apple issues a response to the proposal – via Mac Observer
iOS EcoSystem News
- Stu: One in six PCs shipped in Q4 2012 was an iPad – via The Loop
- Nathan: Apple announces 25 billion songs sold in iTunes Music Store – via MacStories
- Stu: SEGA announces ‘After Burner Climax’ heading to iOS – via Touch Arcade
- Tim: Tamagotchi to make its return on iOS – via AppAdvice
- Stu: New Apple patent application allows for iPhones to automatically detect hearing aids – via Mac Observer
- Tim: Apple last hold-out on DoJ ebook case after Macmillian settles – via TUAW
Apple Competitor Watch
- Stu: BlackBerry 10
- Tim: Australian Treasury department dumping BlackBerry for iPhone – via Mac Observer
- Nathan: Woz claims Apple’s iOS is behind Android in many ways – via Mac Observer
- Stu: Android’s fragmentation as a security problem – via Daring Fireball
- Tim: HP takes a pot-shot at now private Dell – via The Loop
- Nathan: Apparently the Surface Pro is selling out – via The Loop